As a Network Engineer, your work will include providing regular scheduled proactive attention to your assigned clients in the Washington DC metropolitan area. You will ensure the smooth operation of the client environment, address any client issues, and handle issues that have been escalated from our support center, becoming a trusted IT advisor to your client. You will also be a part of project teams for your clients and others, designing and implementing solutions that enable our clients to meet their business objectives.
In this role you will report to an engineering team lead (along with other Network Engineers and Deskside Support Specialists) but operate with minimal supervision. When you are faced with a new challenge, you will be able to rely on the expertise of your colleagues for technical advice and support. Engineers at Optimal often work together on projects to leverage individual expertise and to learn new skills (from design and build of new servers or systems to deploying new networks for office moves).
- Quickly and accurately identifying client needs and seeing the appropriate solution through from design to completion.
- Serving as an expert resource to our clients, and to our internal staff for various tasks and projects.
- Mastering a wide range of network environments and continuing to expand your skillset as the technology landscape evolves.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Consulting experience (preferred)
- Proven customer service and problem-solving skills. Excellent at communicating in a way that makes sense to non-technical people (face-to-face and written).
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server products 2012 R2 and 2016, 2019, Exchange 2016, Office365, backup systems, email systems, virus protection, desktop operating systems, contact management, and similar technologies critical to business operations.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of IP protocols, firewalls, and routers.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting routers, hubs, and switches.
- Experience with VMWare, SonicWALL, or Citrix.
- Ability to provide onsite or remote guidance to clients in the Washington DC area.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You play a key role in helping others succeed, and you get to see the daily impact and importance of your work. You aren’t a cog in the wheel – you matter.
- As you spend time with us, you will quickly see that we live by our core values.
- You won’t have to leave us to get ahead. Our high performers stick with us and grow with us. We’re good at what we do. We have fun, and we are fun.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 15 days of PTO annually, tuition reimbursement, and more.
About Optimal Networks
Optimal Networks, Inc. is a values-based consulting organization that helps small and mid-sized law firms, associations, and businesses solve problems by way of thoughtful technology guidance and white-glove service.
For nearly three decades, we have been building a culture that Inc. Magazine and Forbes have found to be rather…unconventional.
With 17 workplace excellence awards under our belts and a top ethics award to boot, we take our people and our environment to heart. Take a look at the Scrapbook page on our website to see what we mean.